I stole Nathan away from work over his spring break even though we were staying home. I think he's regretting a bit now, having to pull all nighters to get his research paper written. But we had a lot of fun, none the less!
First trip: the Pittsburgh Zoo! I'm babysitting twice a week for my friend's son and the nicest day that week happened to fall on a day we had Andrew. It didn't take much convincing to have him tag along, in fact, Elaina works close to the zoo so she was able to meet up with us for a bit after work!
Wow! A leopard!
Next stop: The Children's Museum! This was mine and James' first trip here and we were able to meet up with our friends, the Brown's. This place is such a wonderful space for kids to learn and interact with art. There's a few rotating exhibits, most of which are for the older kids, but James loved this barrel (second pic) that has a plexiglass top with holes and nails partially hammered in the inside. You put little pebbles through the holes and it makes a neat sound clinging down the nails. Maybe that's not the best explanation, so I'll add a video (see end of post)! :)
The museum has a whole floor dedicated to infants and young toddlers. Another one of James' favorites was the train table. I wanted James (or maybe I just wanted) to see everything so I pulled him away from almost everything so we could still get home for naptime. Good thing he still has the attention span of a one-year-old!
But the ultimate favorite was the water room! They have rain jackets and Crocs for the kids to wear and they can float boats and splash in the pools of water. There's also a piping station where the older kids can try to pipe water from one spout to another. James just liked playing with the pipes and water separately.
We had such a great time that we got memberships to both the zoo and the museum! I love that they are both about 20 min away from our house so we have both rain and shine options for outings this year!
Kara, it is seriously an awesome thing to see (from a distance) the person, wife, mother, amazing woman you have become. Thanks for keeping us all updated and best wishes to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteAwwww! Thanks so much, Jeannette! :) How is everything with you? What are you up to these days?
ReplyDelete