Monday, January 10, 2011

Put it in the books... we've got a walker!

Yes, I'll call it official now. If we put James on his feet he will stand, balance, and then take several steps (maybe even get distracted in the process)! Here's proof:



It's been a slow and steady process. On November 19th he took his actual first steps with Nathan and I in our bathroom. We couldn't get him to repeat this for a couple of weeks, and even then it took 4 people of encouragement. Then he started balancing on his own for several seconds but just wouldn't take off. I thought for sure seeing his 2, two-year-old cousins running around would motivate him. Not the case. I guess he thought he wouldn't be able to keep up anyway. The last step was going from sitting to standing with only the help of a 3 inch block on the floor. Today I actually saw him push up to standing directly off the floor. Oh... now what the future holds......

3 comments:

  1. Now you'll be chasing him everywhere! LOL! Good Job James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for him! I love how he had a mission, and then got totally sidetracked! :) get ready to keep up with him.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Now you'll be busier trying to keep up. Hope things are going well there.

    ReplyDelete